Editing films, videos, and other multimedia by day, and making music under the name Ginger Root by night, Cameron Lew fronts a sounds that can be described as:
"Aggressive Elevator Soul".
Combining elements from contemporaries like Toro Y Moi, Vulfpeck, Jay Som, and Mocky with the influences of the days of Stax and Philly Soul, Ginger Root offers a fresh take on the ever evolving Bedroom Pop scene.
• Currently signed to Acrophase Records
• Can perform full band or solo
• Drives a 2004 Honda Element
• Day job editing for HGTV
"Wow, this kid is wise beyond his years. He has a real feel for the groove.”
"No matter how you slice it, "Call It Home" has an undeniably tasteful presence."
"...soulful groove that gives off a ton of confidence and hits all the right marks."
Not So Kind Words
"The vocal effects are too much. Can't seem to find the hook as well unfortunately."
"I'm on the fence with this one. Needs to be more soulful. It's a bit one note..."
3 Truths and a Lie
1. I have Aubrey Plaza's number
2. John Stamos put my camera down his pants
3. I know Feist's passcode to her phone
4. I'm in the 2007 action comedy, Rush Hour 3